From Andrus Adamchik <aadamc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Writable git repositories
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2009 13:22:34 GMT

On Oct 9, 2009, at 4:14 PM, Kevin Menard wrote:

> So, the way I've worked around on the mirroring lag is largely to not
> commit anything unless I have 15 min. to sit around and go through a
> dcommit/rebase cycle.

I am not sure if there's really any backend difference between EU and
main SVN, or this is just my perception. But recently I stopped using
EU URL for git-svn and hit the main ASF repo directly. I barely see a
mirroring lag anymore. 99% of commits would work in one step, without
a need to do a manual rebase. Those that require a rebase, are
synchronized almost immediately.

Andrus