From Kevin Menard <nirvd...@gmail.com>
Subject Writable git repositories
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2009 12:35:07 GMT
Hi,

I haven't been following the matter that closely for a bit, but it
seems progressive work on the use of git in the ASF has halted.  We
have read-only mirrors up at git.apache.org and mirrors over at
GitHub.  It seems the only way for a committer to actively work with
git is to use git-svn and dcommit back to the SVN servers.  This has
problems related to mirror lag and remote branches get funky with
git-svn.

What are the options for a team that wants to use git completely in
place of SVN?  Having used git for some time now, I feel completely
hobbled by SVN.  Others on the Tapestry dev team feel the same way and
we're wondering what our options are at this stage.

Thanks,
Kevin