From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Writable git repositories
Date Sun, 11 Oct 2009 08:12:28 GMT
comments inside.

+
what about the following idea which came to my mind while reading your post:

We have a mandatory SVN repo which is still the canonical one.

We additionally have a git repo hosted at apache which does dcommits to SVN via .git/hooks/post-receive.
So whenever someone does a git-push to this git repo, the commits will get committed to SVN
too. Additionally the export hook will add a line with the full sha1 of each git commit to
the checkin comment in SVN.

If the sync back to the git repo reads the checkin comment and detects the sha1, it will simply
skip importing this commit back to git.

If someone commits something to svn it will be updated to git as usual.

wdyt? just a quick thought, not sure how many traps there are we cannot solve but imho it's
worth trying. I think we should really try to get rid of this ugly problem that the sha1 changes
on the svn -> git sync.

LieGrue,
strub