From Paul Querna <p...@querna.org>
Subject Re: SvnPubSub websites -- need more volunteers
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2009 17:02:45 GMT
On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 3:46 AM, Mark Hindess
<mark.hindess@googlemail.com> wrote:

> In message <4239a4320909302346m7d76c134j3efeea0ff816119e@mail.gmail.com>,
> Paul Querna writes:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> apr.apache.org is now managed by SvnPubSub.
>>
>> I think we are ready to add more.
>>
>> Any volunteer TLPs?
>>
>> Once its done, any commit to your SVN repo for your site will be
>> automatically propagated to the live servers within seconds.
>>
>> Things i need to know:
>>  - Path to Website Checkout
>>  - If applicable, do you need a dev/dist directory
>>  - Do you want a $tlp.staging.apache.org (Just maps to another SVN
>> url, like $tlp/site/branche/staging)
>
> Harmony would like to volunteer.  I was about to shuffle around the
> site svn tree to add trunk and branches/live (as suggested by your
> earlier email on this subject) but then I noticed that your comment
> above suggests doing things the other way around - i.e. have trunk as
> live and a branch for staging.
>
> I actually preferred the original work flow - using trunk as staging
> and svn merge to branch to make it live[0] - but I'd also like to be
> consistent with other projects if possible.  So before doing anything I
> thought I'd ask what other sites have decided to do and why you changed
> your mind?

No reason, it was just the example I gave.  A branches/live makes
sense and works for me, like I said the SvnWcSub stuff just looks at a
file system path -> URL -- it doesn't matter how we structure it.

I can even setup the harmony.staging.apache.org before we migrate the
main website, so you can see if everything is working right and
represented in SVN.