From Paul Querna <p...@querna.org>
Subject Re: SvnPubSub websites -- need more volunteers
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2009 07:30:25 GMT
On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 12:14 AM, Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org> wrote:
> Paul Querna wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> apr.apache.org is now managed by SvnPubSub.
>>
>> I think we are ready to add more.
>>
>> Any volunteer TLPs?
>
> Tomcat was interested. However, there were a couple of questions. We
> have copies of the Tomcat docs and JavaDocs on the site. They aren't in
> svn but are copied from the latest release and symlinks ensure we point
> to the right point release for each major version.
>
> Would we need to put all these docs in svn or is there an alternative
> approach?

100% in SVN would be my preference, we can stick them in another repo,
outside the main one, if we don't want to clobber the main repo with
massive JavaDoc crap (but several projects already do this)

In theory we could do some mixed in svn, some in rsync, but it does
complicated the configuration quite a bit, and still leave us in a
mixed state -- I'd like to just eliminate rsync in the long run :-)