From Paul Querna <p...@querna.org>
Subject Re: SvnPubSub websites -- need more volunteers
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2009 07:24:36 GMT
On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 11:56 PM, Paul Davis
<paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:
> Paul,
>
> This is for making website pushes more instamatic right? Are there
> other side effects that would be also as awesome?

Yes, by 'more' I am serious about 'seconds'.  Normally you are looking
at 1-3 seconds after a commit, the change is live.   The other side
affect is this system allows us to run a $tlp.staging.apache.org for
those TLPs that request it quit easily.

> And on a side note, would it be possible to push in CI output in sub
> directories?

Haven't figured out a process for CIs to push to SVN.  This entire
system is based around commits to any of our SVN Repositories to sync
files across multiple machines very quickly.

I think the easy way would be to add a new SVN repo to dist.apache.org
-- repos/ci-push, which would be used exclusively for CI based SVN
commits.

My biggest worry is if people are LOOKING at the CI commits, to see if
anything malicious slipped into a 10,000 line commit.... which I doubt
:(

Thanks,

Paul