From Werner Punz <werner.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Git + svn problem?
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2009 11:36:01 GMT
Hia i am not sure if I have a problem here or the git mirror itself has
problems. So I ask here first before filing a jira issue on it.

I noticed you guys have mirrored the myfaces trunk

If I run following sequence

PROJECT_NAME="myfaces"
git clone git://git.apache.org/"$PROJECT_NAME"
cd "$PROJECT_NAME"/.git; wget http://git.apache.org/authors.txt; cd ..
git config svn.authorsfile ".git/authors.txt"
git svn init --prefix=origin/ --tags=tags --trunk=trunk
--branches=branches https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/"$PROJECT_NAME"/current
git svn rebase

the rebase fails with
Unable to determine upstream SVN information from working tree history

The issue seems to be that the git mirrored project is located under
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/"$PROJECT_NAME"/current but that should
not be a problem should it?

Not sure what the exact problem here is.
I am for now back to git-svn clone and rebase :-)

Werner