From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache git repos on github
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2009 17:36:04 GMT
On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 12:50 PM, Martin Funk<mafulafunk@googlemail.com> wrote:
> basically the subject seems to be known by all involved parties.
> see:
> http://support.github.com/discussions/repos/921-githubcomapache-mirrors-not-updated-since-june-10th
>
> http://support.github.com/discussions/repos/991-githubcomapache-mirrors-not-updated-since-june-10th
>
> but things don't seem to move, which I don't understand. If the capacity
> isn't there the repos on github should be taken down. Which I'd very much
> regret, but still better than keeping in such a shape for this long of a
> time. That's neither good for Apache nor for GitHub.
>
> mf

Idle thinking, but i saw a request somewhere for github to add forking
a Git repository not currently in Github. If they did something like
that it might even prevent the need for those repos at all.

Granted, with git.apache.org, the only thing we'd be missing out on by
not having them is the pretty graphs.

Paul Davis

p.s. Another big thanks to infra for git.apache.org