From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SVN + baseline errors revisited
Date Fri, 18 Sep 2009 13:16:41 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 2:59 PM, Werner Punz <werner.punz@gmail.com> wrote:
> I seem to have some kind of lag problem here with both svn.apache.org or
> svn.eu.apache.org

This is a known issue with the svn mirroring setup we have. A large
commit can cause some delay between when the new revision is available
on svn-master and a mirror server. During that time a "svn commit"
against a mirror server will fail with the baseline error.

The last time I counted (May), I was experiencing these errors in
about 3% of the svn commits I did. Typically retrying the commit in a
few seconds solves the problem, but in some isolated cases this delay
has been over ten minutes.

Given the major performance boost that the EU mirror has given for
many svn operations I don't mind these occasional errors too much
(except when committing via git-svn...), but it might be a good idea
to add an FAQ entry about this.

BR,

Jukka Zitting