From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache git repos on github
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2009 18:19:09 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 6:50 PM, Martin Funk <mafulafunk@googlemail.com> wrote:
> basically the subject seems to be known by all involved parties.
> see:
> http://support.github.com/discussions/repos/921-githubcomapache-mirrors-not-updated-since-june-10th
>
> but things don't seem to move, which I don't understand.

As I said when this came up here before, Github most likely (and quite
rightly) bases their resourcing more on user demand than on upstream
pressure, so the more people are cloning the github.com/apache mirrors
and asking for speedier updates, the more likely they are to do
something about it. So filing a new support.github.com issue or
sending them feedback in other ways is much more likely to fix things
than discussing the issue here.

BR,

Jukka Zitting