From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: A problematic mail at jobs@a.o
Date Sun, 27 Sep 2009 08:52:04 GMT
Sander Temme wrote:

> On Sep 26, 2009, at 11:40 AM, Santiago Gala wrote:
>
>> Not wanting to challenge your statement in any way, specially as the
>> policying of jobs@ involves real work, but I'd say that whoever is
>
> Meh.  I moderate jobs@, and so far it's pretty low traffic.  Aside
> from ignoring the obvious 419 scams and other SPAM, my personal policy
> is to refuse subscription requests from recruiters and other
> non-committers.  Also, I do not moderate through responses that
> candidates send to the list (usually in direct spite of the job
> posting, and I would not hire anyone who is sloppy enough to make that
> mistake).
>
> Perhaps the moderators need to sync up on the finer points of this.
> Who are we?
Yes, most certainly.

I also moderate this mist, and I apply a slightly different policy :
- I of course discard all the RAIN FOREST crap
- I accept proposals when it's really focused on some Apache project
- I also accept proposals coming from committers or members.
- last, not least, I accept mails from committers looking for a job

As you said, it covers probably one or two mails a month.

At some point, we may have to inform committers about this mailing list,
because I'm sure that it's a good place for all of us looking for some
people or seeking for a new job...

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com