From Paul Querna <p...@querna.org>
Subject Re: Making Bugzilla more reliable
Date Mon, 07 Sep 2009 08:06:11 GMT
On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 12:01 AM, Sander Temme<sctemme@apache.org> wrote:

> On Sep 6, 2009, at 3:27 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:
>
>> I have been giving some thought to making Bugzilla more reliable.
>

> Is Bugzilla unreliable?  The only times I get nags about it is when (Nagios
> thinks) the whole machine is locking up.

We have never had an issue specific to Bugzilla -- for most of our
services, downtime isn't due to the high level software faults, but
due to Hardware Faults.  Brutus has just been uncommonly lucky in
never having a fault of any kind since we set it up years ago :)

I think the goal is in the right place -- establish data replication,
and if there ever is a hw issue, its very easy for us to migrate DNS
to a different machine.