From Paul Querna <p...@querna.org>
Subject Re: SvnPubSub for Git and CI updates (Was: Testing SVN based websites)
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2009 16:36:36 GMT
On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 5:47 AM, Jukka Zitting<jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 12:18 PM, Paul Querna<paul@querna.org> wrote:
>> SvnWcSub and SvnPubSub now work well enough for some testing.
>
> SvnPubSub seems quite useful, nice work!
>
> Could I use it also to trigger Git mirror updates at git.apache.org?
> That would nicely obsolete the hacky email notification setup we now
> use.

Yes, that is part of my intention -- We were growing an unsustainable
number of notification methods, and most of them were pushing directly
from the commit hook.

Feel free to play with it running at:
<http://svn-master.apache.org:2069/dirs-changed/xml>
   (replace xml with json if you prefer that...)
Best way to easily look at it is with curl:
  curl -i http://svn-master.apache.org:2069/dirs-changed/xml

Note that while the software is working well, I do want to make a few
changes to it before we propagate it too far:
  - Multi-repository support (ie, include the repo UUID)
  - Add a more detailed stream url (author, log message, all file
names changed, etc)

Hopefully I can do those this weekend, and we can declare the data
formats somewhat stable.....

> And we could do a Hudson plugin that listens to the SvnPubSub stream
> and automatically triggers related buils. Other CI servers could also
> benefit from something like that.

That would definitely be nice and reduce the polling used by all our
various tools.

-Paul