From Paul Querna <p...@querna.org>
Subject Testing SVN based websites
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2009 10:18:51 GMT
Hi,

SvnWcSub and SvnPubSub now work well enough for some testing.

I have added a staging.apache.org subdomain for now.

I have setup a required user/pass for all *.staging.apache.org, NOT to
make it secure, but to prevent googlebot etc from indexing it.

First demo:
http://apr.staging.apache.org/
Username: staging
Password: staging

Commits <https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/site/trunk/docs> to are
propagated the live webserver in under 1 second.

The use of a staging path is entirely up to the PMC/TLP, the sync
tools only care about subversion paths -- for example, we could map
them like this:
apr.apache.org -> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/site/branches/live/docs
apr.staging.apache.org -> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/apr/site/trunk/docs

If a PMC thought that was a better workflow for them -- if a PMC
prefers to just have instant updates, they can forgo the staging
domain, and just map it to their live domain.

So.... any Volunteer PMCs who want to convert their production website?

SvnWcSub and SvnPubSub will still need some more development and a few
small features, but so far seem very stable... yay for twisted and
python.

Thanks,

Paul