From Santiago Gala <santiago.g...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A problematic mail at jobs@a.o
Date Sat, 26 Sep 2009 18:40:14 GMT
El jue, 20-08-2009 a las 09:43 +0200, Emmanuel Lécharny escribió:
> Paul Querna wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 12:19 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny<elecharny@apache.org>
wrote:

> >> I have looked on the Apache web site, and I didn't found any reference to
> >> it. Can't find a lot on the web too.

> >> May be I'm defining my own policy about what can be posted on this mailing
> >> list. To me, this is for committers who are looking for a new job, or for
> >> people seeking committers and submit a proposal. Either side have to be a
> >> committer, at some point. Otherwise, Monster.com is probably the place to
> >> post.
> >>
> >> But I may be totally wrong, and I'd like to know what is the exact policy
> >> for this mailing list. All in all, as a moderator, that could help :)
> >>

> > I would say committers only +/- respected guests looking for specific
> > apache-things, but thats about it.   We aren't a job exchange website,
> > but I'm happy to have a place to let committers connect.
> >
> > If we need a written policy.... I guess job@ falls under the domain of
> > Infra Committee... :)
> >
> Probably :)

Not wanting to challenge your statement in any way, specially as the
policying of jobs@ involves real work, but I'd say that whoever is
taking care of community right now should take jobs. My guess is it is
prc@ (I can't remember right now and I can't search email either), and
it will be communication "branch" of it in the near future.

I'd say infra should handle it off to them (us?) when this committee is
properly set up. infra has enough work as it is set up to take this sort
of "PRish" stuff. Again it is a guess driven mostly by common sense, and
I'm not strongly against infra keeping it.

Regards
Santiago