From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: A problematic mail at jobs@a.o
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2009 07:19:36 GMT
Wes Wannemacher wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 August 2009 04:39:25 pm Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> today, I saw a mail from a guy who is not an committer, who is looking
>> for a job. As a moderator, I can assure you that I didn't saw the mail
>> before it reached the ML.
>>
>> How possibly this guy could post directly to this ML without being a
>> committer or being moderated ?
>>
>> Poster : luigi.viggiano@gmail.com
>>
>> Mail content :
>>

> [snip]
>
> I'm not a member of the infra team, but I do subscribe to that list as well.
>
> The funny thing for me is that I don't remember finding any policies about the
> jobs@a.o ML. I read the message and found it acceptable, if there are rules
> for that list, are they somewhere that the poster could have found them?

I have looked on the Apache web site, and I didn't found any reference
to it. Can't find a lot on the web too.
> I'm not arguing whether he should or should not have posted, I'm just curious
> if there is a policy, where it is and if the poster realized he might have
> broken it.

May be I'm defining my own policy about what can be posted on this
mailing list. To me, this is for committers who are looking for a new
job, or for people seeking committers and submit a proposal. Either side
have to be a committer, at some point. Otherwise, Monster.com is
probably the place to post.

But I may be totally wrong, and I'd like to know what is the exact
policy for this mailing list. All in all, as a moderator, that could help :)

Anyone ?

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com