From Tony Stevenson <t...@pc-tony.com>
Subject Re: long term goal: reliable services for developers
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2009 08:41:28 GMT

On 25 Aug 2009, at 09:31, Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 4:55 AM, Paul Querna<paul@querna.org> wrote:
>>  7) TLP & www.apache.org Website Seeds (ease of access)
>
> Picking up one item that's been bugging me. The idea of deploying
> sites directly from svn was already mentioned, and I'd also like to
> simplify the ways in which projects can set up CI builds for site
> deployment.

The problem is that there are several methods of deployment at the
moment.  i.e. XML->HTML (ala httpd) Confluence exports
To rationalise these into one kind of site would be extremely
difficult and ultimately a laborious task which I am not sure many
folks will be all that willing to be involved in.

For example to convert the httpd to confluence would not go down to
well, due to the sheer size and nature of the content.

The inverse is true too, I'm sure, for sites like the spamassassin,
converting them to the xml->html (via ant) may not go down so well.

> I unfortunately don't know much about the current setup beyond the
> /www subtree on people.apache.org, but I'd be happy to help with this
> task in any way I can.
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

Cheers,