From Paul Querna <p...@querna.org>
Subject Re: RFC: Disabling CGI on most VHosts
Date Sun, 30 Aug 2009 02:50:08 GMT
On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 12:43 PM, Paul Querna<paul@querna.org> wrote:
> Hi,
> As putting RewriteRules in hundreds of places is potentially painful,
> it might be reasonable to write a small Apache httpd module (heh,
> heh), mod_asf_downloads, which would bind to the .cgi extension in
> most vhosts.  It would scan the .cgi file for the mirrors.cgi
> invocation, and if detected automatically rewrite the URL to
> mirrors.cgi. (I'd estimate about 150 lines of C).    This would make
> for a seamless 'upgrade' for most vhosts, and mean we could turn off
> ExecCGI very soon, instead of asking for every TLP to change
> something.

I did it:
<http://apr.apache.org/download.cgi>
Runs with ExecCGI OFF for apr.apache.org.

See <https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/infrastructure/trunk/projects/mod_asf_mirrorcgi/mod_asf_mirrorcgi.c>
for details.

If I don't hear of adverse side effects from this, I would like to
Disable ExecCGI by default on /x1/www/* and re-enable it only for
specific vhosts that don't have an alternative yet.

Yes/no/maybe?

Thanks,

Paul