From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is git still "under development" at the ASF?
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2009 09:47:24 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 10:44 AM, Upayavira<uv@odoko.co.uk> wrote:
> It seems to me that we have reached a point with git where it is
> actively in use, and is no-longer an experiment.
>
> If that is the case, should we move traffic about it over to
> infrastructure@, rather than here, and leave this list for the
> discussion of future changes to ASF infra?

I'd still like to encourage people to use this list to bring up their
experiences and concerns with Git at Apache. We're still learning how
to best use it, and the current mirrors we have are quite likely not
the final answer to all needs.

On the other hand, practical issues like setting up new mirrors or
adapting existing ones are better handled through the INFRA issue
tracker and infrastructure@. In fact the INFRA tracker is already
actively used for that purpose.

BR,

Jukka Zitting