From Tony Stevenson <t...@pc-tony.com>
Subject Re: More GitHub Sync Lag
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2009 11:44:35 GMT
On the 11th, I banned 91.121.27.60, for hitting us with over 970k hits
on the 10th, and by the 11th there were another 600k + hits.
Totaling 1.5m hits in just over 24 hours.  That is a lot.

0.27.121.91.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer node02.antelink.net.

If this is them, we need to address their hit count.  Perhaps
scheduling, or throttling connection limits.

Tony

On 17 Jun 2009, at 12:26, Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 1:13 PM, Gavin<gavin@16degrees.com.au> wrote:
>> Please also check their IP range - it may be possible they've been
>> banned
>> due to excessive bandwidth?
>
> Hmm, that might be possible, though the git pulls they do shouldn't
> require *that* much bandwidth. The only recent bigger bandwidth use
> would have been them pulling the new Axis1 mirror that's about 1.2GB
> in size, but that should have happened already well before the 10th.
>
> PS. The issue I filed can be seen in:
> http://support.github.com/discussions/repos/921-githubcomapache-mirrors-not-updated-since-june-10th
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting