From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Gerrit@Apache call for interested comitters
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2009 21:19:47 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski pisze:

> Ok. I think we've got enough initial feedback to make us sure that there are interested
people and projects in this
> initiative.
>
> At the beginning I propose that we'll start with Shinding and Maven projects as two supported
by our installation of Gerrit.

> I also propose that deployment will be made to zone that is hosting git.apache.org right
now. I don't expect that much
> of load generated by Gerrit at least at the beginning.
> @Jukka: WDYT about this proposal? Are you fine with setting up Gerrit there?
>
> When it comes to user accounts and their management I think the easiest option would
be to go with separate accounts
> with rights managed by project committers.
>
> The biggest issue I can see right now is how we'll be pushing changes from Gerrit to
SVN thus I'm looking forward to
> reply from Ian Boston.
>
> I think I'll be able to deploy Gerrit upcoming weekend as for next few days I'll be very
busy with my university affairs.

> If there is anything I have missed please let me know.

It turned out that preparations to my journey (I'll be travelling 1/3 of the globe) took more
time than I expected.

Thus I'll focus on this stuff as soon as I'm San Francisco and basic affairs are sorted out.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski