From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Gerrit@Apache call for interested comitters
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2009 09:22:25 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski pisze:
> Hello,
>
> On 29th of June I'll start working on Gerrit[1] project for next three months. I think
this would be a perfect
> opportunity to introduce Gerrit as part of the experimental Git infrastructure.
>
> In order to make this effort practical I seek for a bunch of interested committers willing
to experiment with Gerrit as
> a patch review tool. This implies that community of given project must be enthusiastic
on Git as whole as such
> experiment will change project practices slightly and introduce Git into development
cycle as a tool for collaboration
> between comitters and contributors.
>
> If you know any project fulfilling these requirements and willing to play with Git a
little bit more let me know here so
> we can discuss some more details.
>
> [1] http://code.google.com/p/gerrit/

Ok. I think we've got enough initial feedback to make us sure that there are interested people
and projects in this
initiative.

At the beginning I propose that we'll start with Shinding and Maven projects as two supported
by our installation of Gerrit.

I also propose that deployment will be made to zone that is hosting git.apache.org right now.
I don't expect that much
of load generated by Gerrit at least at the beginning.
@Jukka: WDYT about this proposal? Are you fine with setting up Gerrit there?

When it comes to user accounts and their management I think the easiest option would be to
go with separate accounts
with rights managed by project committers.

The biggest issue I can see right now is how we'll be pushing changes from Gerrit to SVN thus
I'm looking forward to
reply from Ian Boston.

I think I'll be able to deploy Gerrit upcoming weekend as for next few days I'll be very busy
with my university affairs.

If there is anything I have missed please let me know.

Thanks for your feedback.

--
Best regards,
Grzegorz Kossakowski