From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Gerrit@Apache call for interested comitters
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2009 20:44:36 GMT
Mark Struberg pisze:
> Hi Greg!
>
> I'm also very interested in Gerrit!
>
> If you like to do a bit more with git @ apache, you could also help us with the maven-scm-providers-jgit
[1].

We'll see if I can help. At the beginning I'll rather focus on working with Gerrit and JGit
itself but once I have an
experience with both maybe I could help with your work.

> It uses Shawn Pearces jgit library [2]. Shawn is also the author of Gerrit and egit,
as he is one of the key persons
> of the git development in general. He is very interested in what we do and is already
actively helping us.

Actually, I wasn't clear in my original e-mail. By working on Gerrit I meant that I'll be
an intern at Google and I'll
be working together with Shawn Pearce on Gerrit project. This will be full time job (but only
for three months) so I'll
have a chance to set up Gerrit here at Apache and fix any issues we encounter.

> For using jgit for maven, we decided to write a SimpleRepository helper class in jgit
which hides the mostly very
> internalish stuff of jgit and only provides functions similar to commandline git calls
(like git-clone, git-commit,
> etc).
>
> I'm currently very busy in my company and also need a bit time for OpenWebBeans, but
I work on this actively since ~
> 8 weeks or so.
>
> Once it is stable enough Shawn will merge his stuff to egit and Jason will commit the
maven provider.

> If you already have a github account, then we'll grant you permissions so you can also
push to the mentioned repos in
> the meantime.

As I said. At the beginning I'll focus on my job but in around 6 weeks I'll be probably more
free and experienced with
internals of JGit and then we'll see.

At the moment I'll suggest that we stay focused on one thing: Gerrit.

--
Best regards,
Grzegorz Kossakowski