From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Servicemix git repository
Date Sat, 06 Jun 2009 10:19:38 GMT
Jukka Zitting pisze:
> Hi,
>
> 2009/6/5 Jan TopiƄski <jtopinski@chatka.org>:
>> I found your email on http://git.apache.org/ and I fell in the category "or
>> want to see another Apache codebase mirrored". In my work I need to exchange
>> pathed version of servicemix with 2 other organizations. It is much easier
>> using git than subversion. But I understand that mirroring svn repository
>> for smx may be little more difficult than usually due to  separate
>> components and engines root directories in svn that if I understand it well
>> translates to separate repositories in git.
>
> Yes. Normally we create a separate Git mirror for each codebase that
> you'd typically checkout from svn. For example, see the many Directory
> or Maven repositories we have mirrored.
>
> So for creating Git mirrors for ServiceMix, we'd need a list of the
> separate codebases you have, and the locations of the trunk, branches
> and tags of each of those codebases. If a codebase is using the
> standard svn {trunk,branches,tags} structure, then just the root URL
> of that svn tree is sufficient.

Jukka,

I had a quick look at servicemix's layout and my impression is that they have *lots* of small
subprojects. This would
create many, many git repositories. This would bring us to the question how to easily manage
them and integrate into one
project.

Or is it out of our concern as we are plain Git mirror provider?

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski