From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Gerrit@Apache call for interested comitters
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2009 20:05:05 GMT

Hi Greg!

I'm also very interested in Gerrit!

If you like to do a bit more with git @ apache, you could also help us with the maven-scm-providers-jgit
[1].

It uses Shawn Pearces jgit library [2]. Shawn is also the author of Gerrit and egit, as he
is one of the key persons of the git development in general. He is very interested in what
we do and is already actively helping us.

For using jgit for maven, we decided to write a SimpleRepository helper class in jgit which
hides the mostly very internalish stuff of jgit and only provides functions similar to commandline
git calls (like git-clone, git-commit, etc).

I'm currently very busy in my company and also need a bit time for OpenWebBeans, but I work
on this actively since ~ 8 weeks or so.

Once it is stable enough Shawn will merge his stuff to egit and Jason will commit the maven
provider.

If you already have a github account, then we'll grant you permissions so you can also push
to the mentioned repos in the meantime.

LieGrue,
strub

[1] http://github.com/struberg/maven-scm-providers-git