From Santiago Gala <santiago.g...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Gerrit@Apache call for interested comitters
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2009 18:17:20 GMT
El jue, 11-06-2009 a las 17:11 +0200, Grzegorz Kossakowski escribió:
> Hello,
>
> On 29th of June I'll start working on Gerrit[1] project for next three months. I think
this would be a perfect
> opportunity to introduce Gerrit as part of the experimental Git infrastructure.
>
> In order to make this effort practical I seek for a bunch of interested committers willing
to experiment with Gerrit as
> a patch review tool. This implies that community of given project must be enthusiastic
on Git as whole as such
> experiment will change project practices slightly and introduce Git into development
cycle as a tool for collaboration
> between comitters and contributors.
>
> If you know any project fulfilling these requirements and willing to play with Git a
little bit more let me know here so
> we can discuss some more details.
>
> [1] http://code.google.com/p/gerrit/

(incubator-)Shindig can be a reasonable candidate, out of several
reasons:
- there is extensive use of code review for patches already, so it would
be mostly a matter of switching URLs
- I'm not so sure about effective git usage. Some people seems to be
using it, but this would need to be checked.

I'm CCing shindig-dev, to see how people reacts to it.

Regards
Santiago