From Santiago Gala <santiago.g...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Servicemix git repository
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2009 09:35:02 GMT
El mar, 09-06-2009 a las 22:43 +0200, Jukka Zitting escribió:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 8:04 PM, Santiago Gala<santiago.gala@gmail.com> wrote:
> > If there is a semi-automated way to get the bunch of repos I might try
> > to merge them into one big "all-in-one" repo, for people to experiment.
> > Depending on results, either approach is valid
>
> It might be an interesting exercise, but I'd rather keep the mapping
> between svn and git as simple and straightforward as possible.

No problem

> If the ServiceMix people think it's a good idea to have just a single
> repository, they could move all their code into a single svn trunk.
> But I'm sure there's a good reason to keep all those codebases
> separate.

Well, even with a single git repository, only *one* tree can be checked
out at a time. In such a set up, to get several checkouts from the same
repository would require using environment variable (GIT_DIR), etc.

In a sense, such a git set up would keep all those codebases separate
*in the same repository*.

But my proposal was highly speculative, no need to go there

Regards
Santiago