From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject GMail + Community@a.o == problem
Date Tue, 26 May 2009 15:10:30 GMT
Gang,
not sure if this is the right list or not.

When I became Committer some years ago, I was told that I had to
subscribe to community@a.o with my niclas@apache.org email address.

Now, recently, when I have started to use GMail as my primary mail
client, this poses a problem. The Apache Mailing List handler (ezmlm,
I guess) insist that mail coming from GMail accounts are
hedhman@gmail.com, even the GMail is set up to support the
niclas@apache.org mail address. It seems it checks either Return-Path
or Sender headers instead of FROM, and GMail sets the previous two to
hedhman@gmail.com.
On many lists, I have gotten complaints from moderators, which
eventually allow my posts through, BUT community@a.o is set up without
moderation and instead bounce the message.

Hence, I can't post to community@apache.org. And I can imagine this
being an awfully common situation among committers, and irritations
from moderators. Is it something that could be (or is) looked into??

(I am not subscribed here.)

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer