From Jason van Zyl <jvan...@sonatype.com>
Subject Re: Moving Git instructions to www.apache.org
Date Sun, 03 May 2009 14:03:39 GMT
Have you looked at Gerrit? The Mondrian replacement for code review
that the Android team is using as part workflow for fielding all
contributions to Android?

It has built in support for CLA tracking where someone cannot submit
anything for review until they have a CLA on file. This process has
been vetted by Google legal for Android so it's something I'm sure
would be suitable for us.

On 3-May-09, at 4:20 AM, Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm about to start migrating some of the Git instructions we currently
> have on the wiki to a more "official" location on the www.apache.org
> web site.
>
> See below for my first shot at the content I'm about to publish at
> http://www.apache.org/dev/git.html. As a new part I'm including a
> section with a proposed workflow for contributors that use Git. The
> instructions for the committer workflow IMHO still need some work so
> for now I was thinking of leaving them on the wiki.
>
> Once I have this page published, I'll be posting an entry on the Infra
> blog about the Git mirrors we have.
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting
>

> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <!--
>  Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one
>  or more contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file
>  distributed with this work for additional information
>  regarding copyright ownership.  The ASF licenses this file
>  to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the
>  "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance
>  with the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
>
>    http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
>
>  Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing,
>  software distributed under the License is distributed on an
>  "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY
>  KIND, either express or implied.  See the License for the
>  specific language governing permissions and limitations
>  under the License.
> -->
> <document>
>  <properties>
>    <title>Git access to Apache codebases</title>
>  </properties>
>    <section>
>      <title>Git access to Apache codebases</title>
>        The Apache Software Foundation uses
> main
> infrastructure,
>        but we also provide some level of support to users of the
>        This page describes how you can use Git with Apache codebases.
>
>      <toc/>
>
>      <section id="git-mirrors">
>        <title>Git mirrors</title>
>          We maintain read-only Git mirrors of many Apache codebases at
>          These mirrors contain the full version histories (including
> all
>          branches and tags) of the mirrored codebases and are
> updated in
>          near real time based on the latest svn commits.
>          The mirrors can be cloned or pulled from using got the Git
> and
>          HTTP protocols. See the mirror page for the available clone
> URLs.
>          Please file an
> INFRA">INFRA</a>
>          issue (component: Git) to request a new codebase to be
> mirrored
>          or to change the settings of an existing mirror. When
> requesting
> [...]

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
http://twitter.com/SonatypeNexus
http://twitter.com/SonatypeM2E

A party which is not afraid of letting culture,
business, and welfare go to ruin completely can
be omnipotent for a while.

   -- Jakob Burckhardt