From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: LDAP - Next Steps
Date Tue, 26 May 2009 17:36:41 GMT
Tony Stevenson wrote:
> Emmanuel,
>
> Can you give us some more detailed information?  i.e. how would we
> implement this, how would we ensure no chnages are missed?
OpenLDAP's replication is based on Syncrepl, described in RFC 4530. We
have implemented the first part of the protocol, ie the client to
server. Atm, it's a standalone piece of code, which register on a given
DN for a refresh-and-persist syncrepl operation. We then get every
modifications (ie, addition, modification and removal) done on OpenLDAP.

> I assume this means setting up an ADS LDAP Server, which has this
> option enabled.
Not necessarily in a first step. It will be a standalone application.

> Replicating from OpenLDAP to ADS to then kick off the replication?
That's another step... Give us 4 more months ;)

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org