From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: LDAP - a simple script that may help with initial account creation
Date Tue, 07 Apr 2009 12:43:03 GMT
On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 2:32 PM, Tony Stevenson <tony@pc-tony.com> wrote:
> I have now used this to import all users into ldap.
>

> **Skipped 162 entries due to no match for loginID in ICLAS.
> **Skipped 0 because loginid was already found as a uid in LDAP.
> **Attempted to make 1975 entries to LDAP.
>

> So we now have a way to import all users from /etc/master.passwd - As for
> the 162 failed imports, I am working my way through those to see if it is a
> scripting issue, or as it seems more likely an issue with there iclas.txt

When I did the same thing (by hand), I found many duplicated entries
too. Some of them were simply due to some mispelled users (for
instance, mactony instead of pctony).

I guess that some cleaning has to be done at some point. It's easier
to deal with 162 wrong entries than with 2000 !

--
Regards,
Cordialement,