From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Status of Version Control at the ASF
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2009 08:12:39 GMT
Hi,

Good summary!

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 7:50 AM, Paul Querna <paul@querna.org> wrote:
>  - Need to hear more about 'git-svn issues'  and better understand
> how to integrate these work flows.

The main issue ATM is the problem with dcommitting against
svn.eu.apache.org. The svn mirroring delay is breaking the rebase that
dcommit is trying to do right after committing pending changes.

This is not critical as the operation can be restarted after a few
seconds when the svn changes have been synced, but it still is quite
annoying especially as it affects even single commits (I wouldn't mind
having some pain associated with committing multiple changes in a
single operation. :-).

Would it be OK to allow git svn users to dcommit directly against svn-master?

Other practical problems I've faced are mostly related to
svn:eol-style settings and such. Those are best handled on the git
mailing list.

BR,

Jukka Zitting