From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Git repositories behind SVN
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2009 10:10:58 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 1:53 AM, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:
> It appears that git://git.apache.org/couchdb.git has fallen behind SVN
> by a couple days. The last commit that made it to git is 6 days old.

Sorry about that, it looks like the update cronjob was not yet working
properly. It should be fixed now, and the mirrors should now
automatically get nightly updates.

Projects can also get more frequent updates by subscribing the
git@git.apache.org address to their commit mailing lists. This
triggers updates to the relevant git mirrors whenever a matching
commit notification is received. Note that only a moderator (or a mail
admin) can add the address to a commits@ list, as the address won't
respond to the normal ezmlm confirmation requests.

I'm also looking for a good way to automatically get commit
notifications from all Apache codebases, so that all Git mirrors would
automatically get updated whenever the mirrored codebases are changed.
Once we have that, there's no more need for individual projects to set
things up with their commits@ lists.

BR,

Jukka Zitting