From Paul Querna <p...@querna.org>
Subject interest in hg?
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2009 18:01:14 GMT
hi,

so, the git-universe seems to have lots of mindshare so far at the asf.

personally, I'm more a fan of Mercurial[1].

recently python[2] switched to hg, and google code has started
offering hg support[3]

of course debating the merits between the different (d)SCMs seems to
be a bike shed, but I would like to look into setting up hg slaves of
a couple projects.....

For doing the imports, there are several choices for hg:
<http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/wiki/index.cgi/WorkingWithSubversion>

hgsubversion seems the most advanced from a technical standpoint, as
it uses the svn replay commands to fetch changesets, and should be
very efficient once the initial mirror is made.

I'm not sure how well it works with sub-path mirror though, and it
seems to make lots of assumptions about paths (though i guess git-svn
does the same)

anyone else interested :) ?

[1] - http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/wiki/index.cgi/Mercurial
[2] - http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2009-March/087931.html