From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LDAP - a simple script that may help with initial account creation
Date Sat, 04 Apr 2009 12:05:23 GMT
On 04/04/2009, chris <chris@ia.gov> wrote:
> Sorry, server was down for a bit due to complications with my mail archive
> re-filtering project. (Oops)
>
>  It's back up now and the script has some modifications requested by Tony.
> Added harvesting of uidNumber, gidNumber, homeDirectory and extended the
> objectclass to include posixAccount to accommodate those attributes.
>
>  grab it here http://arreyder.com/pass2ldap.pl

Is the user's public name going to be part of the LDAP database?
If so, the /etc/passwd file is likely to be the best source, as users
can correct this, unlike ICLAS.

Also, note that the e-mail listed in ICLAS is often not the one used
in the .forward file (and may not be accurate anyway, as some of the
ICLAs are very hard to read).

The e-mail addresses stored in

https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers/MailAlias.txt
and
https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/foundation/members.txt

are likely to be more up-to-date, however there are multiple values
for each user. Maybe the e-mail from ICLAS could be validated against
those?