From Santiago Gala <santiago.g...@gmail.com>
Subject svn:propchanges and git mirrors
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2009 20:19:36 GMT
I guess we are aware that thia:

> Modified property: svn:log
>
> Modified: svn:log at Wed Apr 15 23:16:15 2009
> --- svn:log (original)
> +++ svn:log Wed Apr 15 23:16:15 200

happens from time to time, and that it impacts git mirrors in the sense
that either:
- the mirror's log will diverge from the svn log in time, or
- someone has to reimport from this commit on, which play havoc

This is due to the fact that in svn the commit is not the atomic object
stored, like in git. In git rewriting history means always new commits,
and log is included as commit info.

Do we have any solution or practice for this behavior? it happens from
time to time in shindig and other repositories  I have seen, and I don't
know how to deal with it for published mirrors. Even for unpublished
ones, I'm not sure there is a simple way to rebase on top of the
modified revision.

Regards
Santiago