From Santiago Gala <santiago.g...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LDAP - a simple script that may help with initial account creation
Date Tue, 07 Apr 2009 23:10:09 GMT
El mar, 07-04-2009 a las 08:24 -0700, Paul Querna escribió:
> On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 6:14 AM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 07/04/2009, Tony Stevenson <tony@pc-tony.com> wrote:
> >>
> >>  Thanks for that.
> >>
> >>  For those that do not have an ICLA on file, their account will not get
> >> auto-created.  When (or if) they contact us, we can move to resolve these on
> >> a case-by-case basis.
> >>  No one should have access to any of our infrastructure wihtout an ICLA on
> >> file.
> >
> > Apart from the exceptions listed in noclas.txt?
> >
> > There are some people who don't contribute code.
>
> yeah, there is at least one or two members who have never submitted
> code --  I think we need the hasICLA field in ldap to be the access
> control for svn -- But i guess those people in theory could still get
> email etc services.

I would be courteous with someone that has been elected members. I mean,
membership implies trust and, if they commit without ICLA their commits
could be reverted... though it can be forgotten for a time.

At least, checking the user ids against asf-authorisation to see what
services are going to be broken and warning them could be a possibility.

I think it is not the same case as those people, old committers, whose
account got closed because they were not located or refused to sign an
ICLA, back when.

> Thoughts?

My previous paragraphs should be here and not above :)

Regards
Santiago