From Tony Stevenson <t...@pc-tony.com>
Subject Re: Setting up git.zones.apache.org
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2009 09:13:37 GMT

On 15 Mar 2009, at 22:50, Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 5:28 PM, Jukka Zitting
> <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
>> There is now a git.zones.apache.org zone (thanks, Norman!) to where
>> we
>> can start migrating the Git mirrors.
>>
>> I started setting things up, and I'm currently trying to get the
>> Subversion Perl bindings (required by git-svn) working.
>
> git, svn, and git-svn are now all working fine on the zone.
>
> I'm currently copying all the existing git mirrors from my server to
> the git zone.
>
> So far I have used my personal svn account to update the mirrors over
> https://svn.eu.apache.org/, but I'd rather not continue doing that in
> a production environment. Can we change the svn.eu configuration so
> that an svn client from git.zones.apache.org can access
> https://svn.eu.apache.org/repos/asf/ anonymously?

We don't allow anonymous SVN access over SSL, anywhere.  svn.eu. is
SSL only.

> Alternatively, can
> we create an artificial (public read only) svn account that we can use
> for updating the git mirrors?

That is I guess, the simpler of the options, however I am not sure
what implications this will have.  I will wait for Joe to wake up and
confirm he is happy for that to be done.

Cheers,
Tony

Tony Stevenson
tony@pc-tony.com  //  pctony@apache.org  // pctony@freenode.net
http://blog.pc-tony.com/

1024D/51047D66 ECAF DC55 C608 5E82 0B5E  3359 C9C7 924E 5104 7D66