From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: git.apache.org commit histories being remapped
Date Sun, 29 Mar 2009 20:46:55 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 1:15 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> As discussed earlier, we're now starting the process that replaces all
> "svn.eu.apache.org" references with "svn.apache.org" in the git svn
> commit messages included in the git mirrors.

This process is now complete, and the mirrors at git.apache.org are
now ready for general use.

> So, if you've already cloned a repository from git.apache.org or from
> github.com/apache, you may experience some trouble with pulling. We'll
> update you on the next steps once the conversion is done.

Since all the commit histories have changed, a simple pull will result
in a forced merge that will mess up the state of your repository.
Unless you're a very experienced Git user, the easiest way forward is
to make a new clone from git.apache.org (or github.com/apache).

PS. I haven't modified the old mirrors at jukka.zitting.name, so you
can keep pulling from there if your clone is from that server. I will
keep the mirrors at my server operational for a few months more until
everyone has had a chance to migrate to using git.apache.org.

BR,

Jukka Zitting