From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Git in Apache
Date Fri, 20 Mar 2009 00:09:41 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 12:35 AM, Nitay <nitayj@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) Private remote branches. In Thrift contributors can get remote branches
> to work in. This is implemented as a private subsection that the contributor
> can push to. See the pri/* branches in
> http://gitweb.thrift-rpc.org/?p=thrift.git;a=summary. This is really handy
> for people working on multiple machines, and makes it easier for other
> developers to try out patches because they can merge within the repository.

For now there are no plans to implement something like that. You can
still achieve a somewhat similar effect by publishing your changes on
services like github.

> 2) Sync on every commit. The Thrift git repository gets synced on every
> subversion commit, so developing off of it is viable. Developing off of the
> HBase or ZooKeeper ones means that code is only up to date as of the night
> before. In order to have a common ground with other developers, working off
> the SVN is required.

This I can fix. I've just configured both the HBase and ZooKeeper
mirrors to get updated as soon as commit messages are received on the
respective commit mailing lists.

BR,

Jukka Zitting