From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Git BOF at ApacheCon
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2009 10:41:20 GMT
Jukka Zitting pisze:
> Just float your ideas at the beginning of the Barcamp and let the
> crowd help in scheduling them. Also, don't worry too much about
> preparing everything in advance. You already have a lot of valuable
> experience to share, so you'll do just fine by going with the flow.

Ok, I'm here but the problem is that my laptop seems to not like the beamer. These are the
times that I'd like to shout
"Yeah, Linux sucks".

I'll see if I can do anything without showing anything... ;-)

>> Additionally, I was thinking about presenting the idea of maintaining forks of Apache
>> projects using tools like StGit or TopGit. I know that many companies are actually
>> maintaining their internal forks with useful patches and I would like to show them
>> how to do it a way that makes it much easier to share their changes and integrate
>> them into codebase eventually. WDYT?
>
> Sounds good to me; I know there are many people and places that do
> stuff like that with varying results. Better tool support would be
> very useful and I think Git is a big step forward for such use cases.

Good, we'll discuss it on Tuesday.

>> PS. I promised to work on conversion script but as I said earlier my plans changed
>> greatly. Depending on how I'll feel tomorrow after 4 hours of sleep I'll try to finish
it
>> tomorrow.
>
> OK, no problem. If things go well, the Barcamp will be pretty hectic
> and covering lots of interesting stuff, so I wouldn't count on having
> too much spare time to prepare anything much during it.
>
> Let's meet at the Hackathon on Tuesday and see where we are then.

Ok. I'll check my e-mail inbox regularly so we can fix the time later.

--
Best regards,
Grzegorz Kossakowski