From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Git BOF at ApacheCon
Date Sun, 22 Mar 2009 23:09:09 GMT
Jukka Zitting pisze:
> Hi,
>
> Let's again have a Git BOF at the ApacheCon. I'd like to use the
> occasion to update everyone on the current status of Git support at
> Apache, and to hear more about how and why people are using Git in
> various projects.
>
> If you're interested, please sign up at
> http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/BirdsOfaFeatherEu09
>
> PS. I'll arrive too late on Monday to be there for the BarCamp, but
> that might be a good opportunity for someone to demo what can already
> be done with the current Git mirrors (especially with the dcommit
> settings that Grzegorz came up with since the last ApacheCon).
> Alternatively I could propose something like that for the Fast Feather
> Track. (Does anyone know who organizes the FFT this time?)

Hi Jukka,

Sorry for lat response but this weekend was rather for me or at least not the way I planned
it.

I arrive Monday's morning so I'd probably have enough time to prepare something to show like
cloning, commiting,
automatic synchronization but I've never attended to BarCamp and I have no idea how this could
work. I'm thinking about
attending Maven BarCamp.

Additionally, I was thinking about presenting the idea of maintaining forks of Apache projects
using tools like StGit or
TopGit. I know that many companies are actually maintaining their internal forks with useful
patches and I would like to
show them how to do it a way that makes it much easier to share their changes and integrate
them into codebase
eventually. WDYT?

PS. I promised to work on conversion script but as I said earlier my plans changed greatly.
Depending on how I'll feel
tomorrow after 4 hours of sleep I'll try to finish it tomorrow.

--
Best regards,
Grzegorz Kossakowski