From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Improved email-update.sh
Date Sat, 07 Mar 2009 17:34:33 GMT
Hi,

I've just finished my improvements to email-update.sh, you can see them in my fork:
http://github.com/gkossakowski/apache-git-mirrors/tree/master

Basically, what I have done is implementing:
1. Extraction of modification path out of e-mail notification message
2. Matching unique repository affected by given commit. I use data from .git/config directories
for that purpose.

This way email-update is totally automatic and if one wants instant updates of Git mirror
for given project it's enough
to subscribe e-mail to particular notification mailing list.

I'm not bash guru by any means so I'm rather sure this script could have been written in much
better way but it works at
least. There is one issue, though. This script in current version is rather inefficient because
of naive implementation
of findRepo function. This results in quite bad performance. On my desktop, execution of this
scripts takes around 1s.
On the other hand, it's not miserably bad so I think we can use it for now and improve it
later.

@Jukka: I've already sent you a pull request at GitHub.

--
Best regards,