From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject doing some Git work
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2009 11:42:07 GMT

I need some help moving my work onto Git

1. I am doing some big hadoop changes (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-3628  ) and regularly
updating against SVN_HEAD, publishing revised patches, etc.

2. I have commit rights, but the team is very strict about patching, and
none of this stuff is under SCM yet. Partly that is because my employers
-HP- are still doing some paperwork to tell me its ok to commit it

3. I'd like to move it to Git so I can publish my defacto branch and
work on from >1 machine

4. I do still intend to get everything checked in; this is just a way of
me working better until that date, and for easier access to others

How should I go about git-ifying it?

-steve