From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Project update scripts
Date Sun, 01 Mar 2009 21:35:20 GMT
Jukka Zitting pisze:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 12:31 AM, Grzegorz Kossakowski
> <gkossakowski@apache.org> wrote:
>> Paul Querna pisze:
>>> Can't we can figure out what needs to be done, and just add another
>>> notification method to the post-commit hook?
>> In my opinion we need to figure out how to deal with mismatch that we will face.
>> The problem is that we have one big svn repository mapped into several smaller
>> Git repositories.
>
> That's no big problem, as the Git mirrors already include enough
> git-svn metadata for an update script to determine whether a
> particular commit affects the mirror. All you need is a list of paths
> affected in the svn commit and a script that matches those paths to
> the relevant Git mirrors.

Yep, that was my idea as well but I still think this won't be just a few lines of scripting
but we'll see what I'll come
up with.

BTW. I'll fork your scripts hosted on GitHub. Since they were not updated for a few months
I guess they are out-dated.
Could you upload the latest version?

--
Best regards,