From Paul Querna <p...@querna.org>
Subject Re: Subversion Server Plan
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2009 06:25:05 GMT
On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 6:55 AM, Sander Temme <sctemme@apache.org> wrote:

> On Mar 29, 2009, at 3:24 PM, Paul Querna wrote:
>
>> - Setup svn.apache.org with GeoIP based resolving:
>>  - svn.us.apache.org and svn.eu.apache.org
>>
>> - For git-svn / dcommit, have it hit git-master.apache.org directly,
>> but try to avoid publishing this URL for most users. (thoughts?)
>

> Reverse proxy it from the above?  How would Git be told to behave
> differently?

Joe explained it much better than I could:
"""" The problem appears whenever someone wants to check-in a sequence
of commits made with git and they're using a mirror for that purpose.
They run git dcommit and that generates a bunch of svn transactions
that basically look like svn commit, svn up, svn commit, svn up, etc.
The svn up part chokes of course, because the mirror hasn't picked up
the commit yet, causing git to throw an error and tell the user to
"rebase".
""""