From James Abley <james.ab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: git mirror of httpcomponents
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2009 22:10:53 GMT
2009/3/9 James Abley <james.abley@gmail.com>:
> 2009/3/9 Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 10:12 AM, James Abley <james.abley@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Would it be possible to provide a mirror of httpcomponents, since it
>>> doesn't appear to be possible to use git-svn myself? I think that I
>>> only need the httpclient trunk of httpcomponents to be made available
>>
>> I've now created full mirrors of both HttpClient and HttpCore.
>>
>> The HttpCore mirror is still being synchronized, and should be ready
>> for use in a few hours.
>>
>> BR,
>>
>> Jukka Zitting
>>

> Thanks for the speedy action.
>
> Cheers,
>
> James

Is it worthwhile noting how to create the patches in git that will be
applied by a commiter to a subversion repository? I used

$ git diff 762f879 39abd > 834.patch

to create a patch between 2 revisions of a local git branch. This can
then be submitted in an issue tracker and applied to an SVN working
copy using

$ cd /path/to/working/copy
$ patch -p1 < /path/to/git/patch

i.e. git does produce patches that can be applied to a subversion
repository, but there may be an unexpected path prefix to deal with.

Cheers,

James