From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Zone for hosting git clones at Apache
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 22:00:27 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 10:37 PM, Grzegorz Kossakowski
<gkossakowski@apache.org> wrote:
> Jukka Zitting pisze:
>> * Document things like how to request a new mirror (file an INFRA
>> issue with project name, svn URL, and the trunk/branches/tags layout
>> used by the project) and how to request a mirror update for a project
>> being moved (INFRA issue with svn URLs before and after the change).
>
> I guess we can take care of it once we have JIRA project in place.

A few days ago I created a "Git" component in the INFRA project. Let's use that.

> Is it possible to subscribe to some notification list that notifies about
> any commit made into public part of our svn? If so I would like to
> subscribe to it and then I could experiment with writing such a script.

I don't think we have that, but the existing per-project commit
mailing lists should be a good a source of example notifications.

> May I have an access (read-only is enough at this stage) to your current
> server so I can check all small details of the current setup?

Sure, I'll send you the account details in a moment.

>> * Update the mirror scripts to use svn.eu.apache.org internally, but
>> record svn.apache.org in the commit messages.
>
> That seems to be very easy as git-svn supports it.

I think so, yes.

>> * Create a script that updates all svn.eu.apache.org references in the
>> commit messages of the current mirrors to svn.apache.org.
>
> May have a look into this as well.

OK, cool.

BR,

Jukka Zitting