From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Zone for hosting git clones at Apache
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 12:36:42 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 5:09 PM, Grzegorz Kossakowski
<gkossakowski@apache.org> wrote:
> Since I have some spare time I wonder if I could help with Git introduction into Apache.
>
> Are there any free tasks?

Yeah, here's some on my TODO list:

* Create https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/infrastructure/trunk/git/
and copy the mirror scripts from my Github project to there

* Clean up the mirror scripts and add some usage documentation

* Create http://www.apache.org/dev/git.html and seed it with the
information we currently have in the wiki.

* Document things like how to request a new mirror (file an INFRA
issue with project name, svn URL, and the trunk/branches/tags layout
used by the project) and how to request a mirror update for a project
being moved (INFRA issue with svn URLs before and after the change).

* Create a commit hook (or email update) script that we could use to
automatically sync a Git mirrors whenever a commit affects the
mirrored subtree. Unlike my current email update script, this script
should be able to automatically detect (using the git-svn metadata)
which Git mirror needs to be updated based on the paths updated in the
svn commit.

* Figure out a way to run gitweb, cgit, or another git web interface
in a way that doesn't require separate processes to be spawned for
each HTTP request.

* Update the mirror scripts to use svn.eu.apache.org internally, but
record svn.apache.org in the commit messages.

* Create a script that updates all svn.eu.apache.org references in the
commit messages of the current mirrors to svn.apache.org.

BR,

Jukka Zitting