From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Project update scripts (was: Re: Zone for hosting git clones at Apache)
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2009 16:35:32 GMT
Jukka Zitting pisze:
>> Is it possible to subscribe to some notification list that notifies about
>> any commit made into public part of our svn? If so I would like to
>> subscribe to it and then I could experiment with writing such a script.
>
> I don't think we have that, but the existing per-project commit
> mailing lists should be a good a source of example notifications.

Yep. Good idea.

The problem is that there is no 1-1 mapping between per-project notification list and actual
projects in SVN. What I
mean here is (for example) situation with Cocoon where we have standard layout for 2.1 and
2.2 versions of Cocoon but
Cocoon 3.0 that is written from scratch is subproject with its own branches/tags/trunk layout.

Thus we would have to either:
1. Update all projects associated with given e-mail address
2. extract the path of modified  files and try to scan all .git/config files for matching
paths

The second way is totally automatic so no mapping between repositories and e-mail addresses
has to be maintained but
this way is much more tricky.

Do we need this trickery or we are fine with first option?

--
Best regards,
Grzegorz Kossakowski